Hi Weaviate friends!!!
This week the Weaviate Community slack
has welcomed its 1000th member. It is absolutely amazing to see so many people joining the Weaviate community and helping each other every day.
I wonder 🤔 how long until we will welcome the 10'000th member.
In the last few weeks, we’ve been working on multiple improvements to Weaviate’s documentation. With updates to the navigation flow, the addition of the Core Knowledge
section and the refreshed Getting Started with Weaviate
Getting Started guide
We are particularly happy about publishing the new Getting Started guide
, where you follow a few steps to get started:
Check it out to refresh your knowledge, or share it with your friends to get them on a Vector Train 🚅 with Weaviate.
Weaviate 1.15 heads up
📣 As a heads up, we are currently tying up the last knots for the next release of Weaviate Core
v1.15 – scheduled for early next week.
The next release will include:
- support for cloud-native backups
- performance improvements for ordered imports
- more efficient filtered aggregations
- support for new distance metrics
- memory improvements
- 2 new transformers
- and more
We will share more info next week with the release.
On the content front, we have a few interesting pieces that share with you.
✍️ Read Research Insights - Learning to Retrieve Passages without Supervision
- by Connor Shorten - to learn how Spider can be used to Self-Supervised label data for contrastive ML model training. This post has it all, an overview of Spider, a Colab Notebook with running code, and comparisons of Spider vs Supervised ML model training techniques.
🕺 Our Marcin Antas – Weaviate Core developer – presented at GoWroc
(a Go meetup based in Wrocław, Poland) on “Vector Search Databases”
It was great to see Marcin in action, with multiple live-coding demos and many engaging conversations after the session. (See some pictures below)
📣 Give us a shout if you know of any great meetups or conferences in your area that would be great for us to speak at. This could be a good way for some of us to meet in person 😀